Vertikal6 is looking to hire multiple experienced Service Desk Associates. This will begin as a fully remote, full-time, temp-to-hire position. The interview and training process will be virtual to ensure the health and safety of both parties. We are however, searching for a local candidate that would be able to transition to an in-house team member once it is safe to do so.
We are seeking candidates experienced in the technology field that enjoy working with people. If you have an aptitude for technology, are persistent and excellent at follow-up, and have a proven track record of developing relationships, contact us immediately.
As a full-service IT consultancy, Vertikal6 provides managed IT services to help businesses maximize revenue and uptime. As one of Providence Business News’ fastest growing companies in 2014, and Best Places to Work 2016-2021, we understand the importance of a strong team.
The successful candidates must embrace technology, be career-minded, have excellent communication skills, a great attitude, and a strong work ethic. You are the right candidate if you:
- Are personable and skilled at developing relationships, building trust and lifelong customers
- 1+ years in the IT industry with a wholistic understanding of developing business-driven technical solutions
- Have extremely strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Have a positive attitude and a high energy level
- Are an energetic, driven, self-starter with the motivation to constantly improve and meet long and short-term goals
- Are results driven and a true team player
- Exhibit a high willingness to put the customer first
- Have a passion for helping people
- Take ownership and drive initiatives
- Drive a culture of excellence for yourself and those around you
- Are knowledgeable about computer networks, business technology, and technology trends
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (strongly preferred)
- Hold an MCSA or CCNA (a plus)
The Service Desk Associate is an experienced technician that has graduated from the apprenticeship program or was hired into the role with prior helpdesk experience. This person is a good communicator and works well in a Team based environment and can manage working on multiple trouble tickets at once. This person should be prompt and know the importance of communication with clients. The associate will use remote tools, telephone support and should the need arise, attendance to users place of work for on-site support. Responsible for ensuring the timely resolution of trouble tickets and displaying professional customer service. Support for clients will include Desktop, Technical, Server and Application services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answer trouble calls from clients in a call center environment
- Provide Level 1 remote support
- Complete Time entries for all work being done on tickets, and accounting for at least 6.40 hours (80%) daily.
- Monthly billing average should be 80% or more
- Keeping client documentation up to date when changes are made, or new SOPs created
- Understanding of and ability to install, configure and test workstation hardware.
- Able to configure file permissions, print services and remote access connections
- Basic administration of enterprise email applications, including add/remove users and groups, configure calendar/folder/mailbox permissions, mail forwarding and adding aliases
- Take ownership of tasks and follows through to ensure complete resolution
- Takes personal interest in, and responsibility for, quality of work they perform or are associated with
- Ability to deal effectively with stressful situations
- Ability and willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members
- Understands that the success of individuals is measured by the success of their teams
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies through the use of self-study materials and intuition
- Ability to articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people
- Enjoys helping people to the extent that no problem is considered mundane, no matter how simple the solution
- Is self-motivated and can be self-directed when necessary
- Understanding of Server operations, Workstation OS’, email, and printer maintenance/troubleshooting.
- Successful completion of the Apprenticeship program or similar job
- 1+ Year technical experience
- 1+ years of customer service
- Network +, ICND1, Microsoft Server 2016 certification, preferred
- Organizational ability
- Ability work well in a team
- Ability work independently
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org