The Rhode Island Community Food Bank has been distributing millions of pounds of food to community members in need since 1982. This leading nonprofit organization solicits donations from the public as well as from supermarkets, food manufacturers and growers, and is required to comply with rigorous food safety standards. It’s a logistical challenge, and one that must be overcome within the confines of a narrow budget: 87% of the Rhode Island Food Bank’s expenditures support the acquisition and distribution of food.
Vertikal6 partnered with the Rhode Island Food Bank to help it leverage technology strategically to better achieve its desired outcomes. The Food Bank takes advantage of our proprietary Elevated Strategy Platform (ESP) planning solution, which enables the organization to track warranties and upcoming end-of-life (EOL) timelines for its hardware and software, making procurement more predictable – and thus, affordable.
Together with the Rhode Island Food Bank, Vertikal6 designed a customized budgeting and planning cycle to intersect with the nonprofit’s unique fiscal year. We make strategic recommendations on a quarterly basis, enabling the organization to plan ahead and allocate funds appropriately. We’re working together to enhance this nonprofit’s operational efficiency and ensure that the Food Bank will be able to continue feeding Rhode Islanders for years to come.
- Revamped the timing of our ESP schedule to better meet the Food Bank’s budgetary needs.
- Innovated to ensure the nonprofit had the hardware and software it needed to achieve its mission.
- Improved warranty tracking, hardware and software lifecycle management and procurement.
- Saved time and boosted efficiency.
- Aligned IT services with a major nonprofit organization’s unique requirements.