Cloud-delivered network security and Web filtering that protects any device, anywhere.
OpenDNS Umbrella not only blocks malware, botnets and phishing over any port, protocol or app, but also detects and contains advanced attacks before they can cause damage. It uses big-data analytics and machine learning to automate protection against both known and unknown threats. Umbrella stays always up-to-date with no hardware to install, no software to maintain and no admin intervention required.
Unlike security products that react to known threats and add latency by re-routing every internet connection through proxy or VPN gateways, OpenDNS uses predictive intelligence to discover unknown threats and adds no latency. OpenDNS Golbal Network handles more than two percent of the world’s internet requests daily with 100 percent uptime.
Security the way the world works today.
- The move to cloud applications and mobile users results in erosion of the network perimeter.
- Cybercriminals, nation states, and hacktivists are sharing infrastructure and code to stage advanced targeted attacks designed to manipulate or steal data.
- Umbrella provides security against internet threats, advanced attacks, and security breaches everywhere.
Comprehensive Threat Protection
OpenDNS not only blocks malware, botnets and phishing over any port, protocol or app, but also detects and contains advanced attacks before they an cause damage.
- Pinpoint devices infected or users targeted by advanced attacks to reduce the time to remediation. Not all attacks are equally dangerous. OpenDNS compares your blocked threat requests to our global visibility – so you can prioritize and reduce response time to sophisticated or targeted attacks.
- View new network security activity in real time with globally aggregated reports. Other solutions limit and fragment your visibility by the activity detected per appliance deployed or per port proxied. OpenDNS restores loss visibility and control because we aggregate and display global activity in under one minute.
- Apply consistent network security and acceptable use policies everywhere based on your needs. Centralized location-based policy configuration per network, device or user reduces administrative burdens. And customizable block lists and pages with flexible bypass options enable you to tailor policies to your requirements. Optionally, filter up to 60 content categories to maintain compliance.
Worldwide Coverage in Minutes
OpenDNS protects devices anywhere and stays always up-to-date with no hardware to install, no software to maintain and no admin intervention required.
Instantly secure devices-even those you don’t own – across all decentralized networks via clientless DHCP. Change one setting native to all internet gateways (e.g. routers, access points) and DHCP does the rest. Optionally, our Virtual Appliance and Connector components enable you to identify internal networks or Active Directory users infected or targeted by attacks, without touching devices or re-authenticating users. Both components are updated automatically without admin intervention or service interruption as soon as a new version is available.
Easily secure devices inside or outside the network perimeter via auto-updated lightweight agents. Our Roaming Client and Mobile App can be deployed to devices in minutes using Windows GPO, Apple Remote Desktop or an MDM solution. The client offers command-line installations, and cab be run in “head” or “headless” mode. Both agents are updated automatically without user intervention or reboots as soon as a new version is available.
OpenDNS uses Big Data analytics and machine learning to automate protection against both known and unknown threats.
Layer predictive security to complement reactive signature-based or real-time behavior-based security. Traditional and even “next-generation” security solutions are reactive in nature. They rely on attack data, malware samples, and Web or email traffic collection to identify new threats. They also depend on researchers to facilitate the process. And many advanced attacks continue to evade behavioral sandboxes and reputation systems. In short, collect-and-react technologies simply aren’t scalable. What makes OpenDNS unique is acquiring data unrivaled in sale and scope, and pioneering security automation. So our researchers do not become a bottleneck to keep our customers protected.
Identifies the infrastructures that deliver attacks by observing the “threatcrumbs” they leave behind. The OpenDNS processes over one million malicious and non-malicious internet events per second. Using graph theory and machine learning it observes relationships forming between domains, IPs and known bad infrastructures. Ultimately, it automated discovering and predicting when and where on the internet new attacks are being staged. Thereby, protection against know and unknown threats.
No Added Latency
With OpenDNS there is no need to reroute every connection through proxy or VPN gateways to secure mobile users or remote offices.
No extra “hops” because DNS traffic is resolved in the cloud by OpenDNS rather than the ISP. Mobile users or remote offices no longer need to route connections over VPN to the perimeter for network security. And devices inside the perimeter no longer need to route every connection through another appliance and/or proxy-based enforcement point.
Only a few connections are routed through our proxy when we most inspect below the DNS layer. Proxying every Web connection slows traffic, invades privacy and can break some sites. Based on intelligence for which domains are partially malicious or suspicious, OpenDNS transparently routes and proxies these connections that require deeper inspection below the domain-or IP-level.
Resolve DNS requests faster than ever before. OpenDNS’s world-class infrastructure team is obsessed with inventing new technologies not only to use DNS to intelligently route users around internet threats but also to speed up the internet and move the state of the art for the Domain Name System forward.